Back when I was single and lived in the city, I used to attend charity events regularly because… they were fun. My friends and I would go to probably at least one a month. These days, I’m married and have children. Much as I’d love to attend charity events for the fun of it, I pick and choose what I attend these days much more carefully based on what causes I want to support.
Adult dinner dance for the wee ones’ school? Check. Green Tie Ball? Ummm, not so much. Girls Night Out Go Red for Women? Absolutely. This is the third year of the GNO Go Red event, and I’m excited to be attending again this year. The event benefits the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement aimed at raising awareness of heart disease amongst women and finding ways to reduce that risk.
The event takes place next Thursday February 28 from 7 to 10pm at Alhambra Palace Restaurant, located at 1240 West Randolph Street in Chicago. You can purchase a $35 VIP ticket up until that day. The VIP tickets include one raffle ticket, a swag bag, signature cocktail, light hors d’ oeuvres, complimentary beauty treatments, fashion show, red carpet photos, and more! Having attended the first year’s event (I was sadly sick last year and couldn’t make it), I can vouch for how much fun it is.
Whether you go with a group of women – or men, as there is a smattering of men in attendance – or alone, you are sure to have a blast. Red isn’t required attire, but many find a fun red outfit or accent piece to wear for the evening. As the invitation says, red pumps are optional!
Whether you spend your time getting one of the complimentary beauty treatments or sipping on a cocktail, there is plenty to do and see. The evening also includes a runway with a fashion show, previewing collections from Chicago Fashion Incubator’s top designers. It’s amazing to see what they’ve created.
Everyone there is ready to have fun, and for $35, you can’t beat the evening’s entertainment. In addition to some of the fabulous Chicago personalities like B96′s Showbiz Shelly and KHiTS’ Dave Fogel, DJ Metro is a special guest, promising to keep the evening hopping for everyone. I can’t wait to go, though I’m once again debating what red to wear. Will I see you there?
Buying a ticket is easy and surprisingly affordable for the event. Your $35 VIP ticket is definitely a steal. If you’re lucky, I also have 2 VIP tickets to give away to one lucky winner – but hurry, the giveaway ends quickly. And if you enter, make sure you leave your email address so I can reach you!
So what do you have to do to win? First of all, let me stress that you must follow all the rules. If you do not follow the rules, your entry will not count!
This contest is open until Monday February 25 at 7pm CST. I must have a valid way to reach you, so leave me your email address in your comment or be sure your profile has your email address visible. No duplicate comments will count. This giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and older. Winners will be selected via random.org and must respond by February 26, or I will select a new winner.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what you’d most look forward to about attending the Go Red event.
Bonus Entries (leave a comment for each entry – if you put it all in one comment, I’ll count it as one entry):
1) Earn one additional entry for following me on Twitter and tweeting this contest with the following tweet: “Win 2 VIP tix to GNO Go Red in #Chicago from @honestandtruly benefiting the American Heart Assoc #GoRed programs bit.ly/XtEZux #giveaway” (leave a link to your tweet as your comment and make sure you do all the steps!)
2) Like my blog on Facebook and let me know what name you used to like it. (Yay, liking Facebook is again a legal entry so long as you know you have to leave a comment here to enter and that simply liking me isn’t the entry, along with acknowledging the fact that Facebook has nothing to do with this giveaway whatsoever.)
3) Earn an additional entry by putting me in your Google Plus circle. Am I already in your G+ circle? No problem – just leave a comment letting me know that you’ve added me or already have me there.
4) Subscribe to my RSS feed for this blog and leave me the email you used to subscribe.
5) Follow me on Pinterest, and let me know your username.
6) Follow me on Instagram, and let me know your username.
7) Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and let me know your username.
Be Bold. Go Red and join B96, 104.3 K-HITS and Bath & Body Works for a fun and charitable event on Thursday, February 28th, at the “Girls Night Out Benefiting Go Red for Women” at Alhambra Palace Restaurant. I was selected to host this giveaway by Sassy Moms in the City and provided complimentary tickets. That said, all opinions remain my own.