If you’re anything like me, come Sunday, you’ll be hanging out with 50 of your closest friends – or so it will seem. There’s a certain football game going on (with really great ads, I’ve heard), and the focus is about having fun and the food. It always comes back to the food. I love serving a variety of foods, whether I’m hosting or attending a party. Because I’m serving so many and such a variety, I love foods that I can either make ahead of time or make quickly. The new Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust helps me do just that!
I love that the Artisan Pizza Crust contains 16 grams of whole grain per serving. When I track the foods I eat, that’s always an area where I fall short. Pizza isn’t always thought of as a health food, so I love that this crust has added whole grains to boost the nutritional value. This would be perfect with a pesto sauce, some sundried tomatoes and artichokes and kalamata olives with a little goat cheese and some arugula added on top after baking.
Of course, I made my pizza for my family. That means just straight up homemade tomato sauce and mozzarella.
Everyone was thrilled with it, which made me happy. The dough was sweeter than the pizza crust I usually make, and the wee ones liked the change. Neither of them seemed to realize that it was any different from my usual pizza except for that slightly sweet taste. Because I baked it in a pan, making it sort of a deep dish pizza, it was a little softer than my usual pizza. They enjoyed it, and they’ve asked me to make it again. That’s a winner in my book!
I loved how easy it was to prepare. I do usually make my own pizza crust, but when I’m in a hurry – like entertaining for a crowd or just a busy weeknight – it’s nice to have something like the Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust available to pull out to satisfy everyone. It comes in a rectangle once you unroll it, but it was really easy for me to reshape to fit the round “deep dish” pan I baked this pizza in.
I already had tomato sauce on hand from spaghetti that I’d made the night before, so swirling that around and then adding some mozzarella, and dinner was ready in under 20 minutes. I had some very happy children who went from complaining about dying of starvation to tucking into dinner – and finishing the entire pizza – in no time flat.
While I made a traditional pizza with the Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust, there are so many options available from the veggified version I described above to a taco pizza and more. Pillsbury has all sorts of recipes for the Artisan Pizza Crust. There is definitely something out there that you could make – potentially for the big game this weekend?
I have a chance for you to try this out for yourself. I was sent a package from MyBlogSpark that included a coupon for a free Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust, plus the pan to bake it in, a pizza cutter, and a bamboo football serving board (which I have to admit is pretty sweet!). I’m giving away and identical prize pack to one lucky winner! Even if you don’t win, you can also download a printable coupon for $1.50 off one package of the new Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain.
So what do you have to do to win? First of all, let me stress that you must follow all the rules. If you do not follow the rules, your entry will not count!
This contest is open until Friday February 15 at 7pm CST. I must have a valid way to reach you, so leave me your email address in your comment or be sure your profile has your email address visible. No duplicate comments will count. This giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and older. Winners will be selected via random.org and must respond within 24 hours of being notified by me or I will select a new winner.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what you’d put on your pizza using the Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust.
Bonus Entries (leave a comment for each entry – if you put it all in one comment, I’ll count it as one entry):
1) Earn one additional entry for following me on Twitter and tweeting this contest with the following tweet: “Win a @Pillsbury football pizza pack from @honestandtruly courtesy of MyBlogSpark bit.ly/XtEZux #giveaway” (leave a link to your tweet as your comment and make sure you do all the steps!)
2) Like my blog on Facebook and let me know what name you used to like it. (Yay, liking Facebook is again a legal entry so long as you know you have to leave a comment here to enter and that simply liking me isn’t the entry, along with acknowledging the fact that Facebook has nothing to do with this giveaway whatsoever.)
3) Earn an additional entry by putting me in your Google Plus circle. Am I already in your G+ circle? No problem – just leave a comment letting me know that you’ve added me or already have me there.
4) Subscribe to my RSS feed for this blog and leave me the email you used to subscribe.
5) Follow me on Pinterest, and let me know your username.
6) Follow me on Instagram, and let me know your username.
7) Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and let me know your username.
In the interest of full disclosure, the product, gift pack, information, and additional sample have been provided by Pillsbury through MyBlogSpark. I was not otherwise compensated, and all opinions remain my own.