I’ve been doing a lot of entertaining in the past few weeks, well entertaining and being entertained. And entertaining of course involves food, lots and lots of food. Plus, drink, too. And of course buffalo chicken dip.
I’ve been working on being creative in what I’m creating for all these events. Am I the only one who wants to eat different things, or do you like variety, too? I’ve made cookies and appetizers and desserts and drinks. For my cookie exchange, I made several savory appetizers so that we wouldn’t end up over sugared by the end of the evening. By far the hands down favorite (and a recipe I’ve since passed along to the attendees) was the Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Can I just say “yum” – a few times? I served the buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks, carrots, and crackers. There wasn’t anyone who didn’t take multiple servings of it, including me! Oh, and did I mention that it took me all of five minutes to throw together?
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Drain chicken. Place the chicken in a saucepan along with the hot sauce. Turn heat to medium. Stir it until heated through, “mashing” the chicken so that it separates a bit.
Add the cream cheese and ranch dressing, and stir until fully melted and incorporated, about three minutes. Add the cheddar cheese in batches, stirring until fully melted between additions. If you add it too quickly, it will clump. Add in three to four batches.
Serve immediately. You can keep this warm on a hot plate or reheat as necessar. Enjoy your buffalo chicken dip with carrots, celery, crackers, or whatever you like.
Are you a fan of buffalo chicken dip? What’s your go to party food?
This recipe for a classic buffalo chicken dip is easy to make and fun for a gathering. This is a perfect appetizer for any gathering.
- 8 oz cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
- 1/3 c hot sauce (e.g., Frank's or Louisiana)
- 1 can chicken, drained
- 1/4 c ranch dressing
- 1 c cheddar cheese, grated
- Drain chicken and place in a saucepan along with the hot sauce on medium heat. Stir it until heated through, "mashing" the chicken so that it separates a bit.
- Add the cream cheese and ranch dressing, and stir until fully melted and incorporated. Add the cheddar cheese in batches, stirring until fully melted between additions.
- Serve warm with carrots, celery, crackers, or other dip conduits.