Last week was the Chicago Food Swap, and even though I was moving in just a few days, I couldn’t miss out. I made two of my favorite items – my roasted garlic butternut squash soup and a perfect Christmas gift, cherry syrup.
Wait? Cherry syrup as a Christmas gift? Yes, absolutely! It is a gorgeous red to go with the season, and it is one of those super tasty treats that people don’t make for themselves but yet is so versatile. My favorite way to eat it (other than straight from the jar – shhhh) is to make a cherry bellini with a little champagne. It’s also yummy over pancakes or waffles, not to mention ice cream.
This one – this oh so special recipe – is being shared today by Rachel over at A Southern Fairytale. She is once again hosting her Homemade for the Holidays Bake, Sew, Craft all month long. Each day, she features yummy holiday recipes, while According to Kelly has crafty gifts, and Skip to My Lou features sewing inspiration.
Even more fun? There is a huuuuuge giveaway the ladies have put together with some amazing sponsors. You can enter every day. It includes:
- A Ninja Ultimate Blender (which I saw in person on Monday night at a tweetup and now covet, so that one’s mine – hands off!)
- One of my favorite camera bags from Epiphanie – the Stella in the color of your choice
- A one year subscription to Laura from Momables meal planning service and a $25 Amazon Gift Card
- A copy of Bountiful: Recipes Inspired by Our Garden by the supremely talented and lovely couple of White on Rice, Todd and Diane
- A copy of the must-have Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots that has so many tips on how to improve your photos
- A $100 design credit from the amazingly talented Deanna Garretson of Design Chicky towards the service you need from custom recipe cards, Facebook page, or whichever one of her services you’d like!