Go check out my giveaway here. Another week to go, and you’ve got a great shot!
Not unlike so many of you, I’m exhausted. Completely. I wake up with circles under my eyes wishing for just a few more minutes (ok, hours) of sleep. I drag through my days, yawning away. And I hate that.
Since the time changed, I’ve made a conscious effort to get more sleep. By 9pm, I am finishing up whatever I’m doing and heading upstairs. I may read for a bit or watch a little Food Network, but I’m getting to sleep much, much earlier now.
And it’s helping. A little. But I’m still tired even when I’m “sleeping” nine or more hours a night. Why? Eh, take a look below.
Top Ten Reasons I Can’t Sleep At Night
10) Mooooooom, I can’t find Snowy! When entering Little Miss’s room, Snowy is on her bed, approximately nine inches from her body, which is approximately eight inches further than where she searched.
9) It’s 4:40am. If I get to sleep now, I’ll be able to have another hour and a half of sleep. Unless my husband’s alarm wakes me up. Then I’d only get forty minutes of sleep. That’s not nearly enough. Maybe if I start counting backwards. Ugh, what if I get to zero and am still awake? That would be really depressing. Then I definitely wouldn’t be able to sleep again. Should I turn on the tv for a few minutes? Maybe not. At this hour, it’s only infomercials, and I don’t want to listen to those…. Yep, that would be my internal monologue.
8) Mom. Pssst. Mom. Mom. Mom. Do you want to hear about the dream I just had? It’s really funny. Not at 2am, thank you very much.
7) Why am I so cold? Yikes! Oh. I don’t have a comforter anymore. grrrr.
6) That would be a light shining directly into my eye. Why oh why did I place the bed in such a position that whenever my husband opens the closet door and turns on the light to choose clothing for the day (because it’s impossible to choose clothing the night before), the bulb is exactly in my eye. I’m still debating rearranging the room to avoid this, but the window and door configuration make it a tad difficult.
5) Ummm, did you read this post?
4) Or this one?
3) YES! Go. GO GO! Awww, I can’t believe he got tackled. HOW did he not manage to score there? I can hear that. Through closed doors. And from a floor away. This is not a fun way to be jerked awake.
2) Moooom, I have to go potty. Mooooom. Mooooom, I have to go potty. While Little Miss a) is perfectly capable of going potty by herself during the day, b) has absolutely zero interest in learning to stay dry overnight and c) is the most independent little cuss on the planet except when it suits her, if she decides she has to go potty, she insists on getting permission in the middle of the night. During naptime, she has no compunctions about getting up and going two or three times of course.
And the number one reason?
Mooooooooooom, I don’t feel so good. Mom! Urp.
And if you’ll excuse me, it’s 8:58. I need to start shutting down my comptuer and heading upstairs.