Psssst! I’m still giving away a $25 Wal-Mart gift card here.
Mister Man came home from school the other day with a scrapbook from his kindergarten year. It’s precious (and I have proof that he grew! Three inches taller from August until May recorded by his teachers. Ha!), and there were so many neat things that he wrote.
Of course, he also wanted to make changes to it. His favorite color is no longer pink. He now prefers purple (that’s my boy!). And his favorite tv show is no longer “Beyond Time In Space” (one he invented himself).
But the coolest thing I thought was a wish list for the summer. He wrote down the three things he most wants to do this summer, and lucky him – he’s going to get to do them all.
It got me thinking, however. What do *I* want to do this summer?
And since I can’t stop myself with three, here are thirty. Shall I check back on my progress later?
30. Get my pile of magazines to read down from their current seven plus inch pile. If that means throwing some out, I’ll find the fortitude.
29. Have a date night with my husband.
28. Get an “exclusive” invite to just one party at BlogHer for a brand I’m passionate about (what, you don’t think I’m cool enough? Thanks a lot!)
27. Sign myself up for the summer reading club at the library – and read the minimum 12 books.
26. Update all the binders for the nine (yes, NINE) jobs I had on the PTO this year.
25. Pass off said binders to the new PTO members who will be henceforth responsible.
24. Head out to Old West Town and do some gold panning with the wee ones (and friends).
23. Clean up all my old horse tack and bring it to the second hand horse shop (unless one of you is horsey and wants some really nice stuff cheap – Crosby 15 1/2″ saddle, show bridles, bits galore, show boots, a tack trunk, etc).
22. *sniff* Get rid of the last of the baby gear – double strollers, wagon, tricycles, etc.
21. Get 100% caught up on my email – defined as fewer than 50 unread emails in my inbox.
20. Fix the basement from our ejector pump fail last weekend – new carpet, drywall, bifold doors, and all.
19. Move the playroom toys into the newly fixed basement – and sort out those that are no longer played with first.
18. Purchase desks and whiteboard paint to create a homework room in the former playroom.
17. Get caught up on all my paperwork filing.
16. Dejunk the office to the point where I can donate the “I can hold anything” entertainment center that does not belong there.
15. Fully weed the landscaping and get new mulch down (this counts as completed even if I hire someone to do it).
14. Rearrange the storage facilities in the garage such that my husband’s car will fit.
13. Sign Little Miss up for gymnastics (which technically starts on Monday, I believe. Oops).
12. Complete the C25K training (Week 4 Day 3 tomorrow!) – even if it’s after the 5K that I’m signed up for at BlogHer.
11. Create a more regular bedtime that results in a less tired me.
10. Find time to use the massage gift card my husband gave me for Mother’s Day.
9. Have at least five organized playdates for each of the wee ones.
8. Find an outlet for my need for a creative and mental challenge now that I’ve quit work and the wee ones will both be in school full time this fall. (Suggestions?)
7. Sell or donate all the outgrown clothes of the wee ones. (anyone need girl sizes 2-4T or boys’ 3-6T?)
6. Buy a new laptop to replace the one I have to turn in for work – and be happy with my choice. (ummm, again – suggestions?)
5. Get my car detailed.
4. Have a physical.
3. Have an island in the kitchen (and an end table in the family room and a desk in the office and a nightstand in my room and a nook in my car) that is not home to clutter.
2. Set realistic deadlines for projects – and ensure I make each of them.
And the number 1 goal I have for this summer?
1. Enjoy my time with the wee ones – and ensuring they’re enjoying their summer, as well!
Yikes. I feel like I need to print out this list now and keep it handy. Did I miss anything?
And what about you – what are you up to this summer?