There are times I’m glad I’m out of the dating world. Thinking about my worst dates definitely reminds me of how good I have it. And so in honor of Valentine’s Day today, I asked this week’s #VlogMom question. I want to know – what is your worst date ever? Share all the gory details.
My story is from the late 1990s, and the fact that I can remember this much about it says a lot about the uniqueness of this date. It became legend amongst my friends, lucky me. And Flower Boy never got a second date. This week’s vlog is a little longer than usual, but I think it’s worth it.
So if you’re in the dating world now, I have some great tips on what not to do based on just this single date.
1) Do your research on where you’re going.
2) Don’t lie and say you made a reservation if you didn’t.
3) Don’t show off.
4) The topic of children – especially lots of them – is not a good one if you want a second date.
5) If something bad happens, shrug it off. Self-loathing is not attractive.
6) When a date goes bad, chalk it up to experience and walk away.
So please – share your worst date story. Because I can’t believe I’m the only one with a doozy of a tale.