Ok so this was a fun meme, and a good thing right in the middle of the holidays when we’re all running around stressing too much. Enjoy this one, and I hope you have fun reading it.
1. Do you like cheese? Yes. I have at least six kinds of cheese in my fridge at the moment: cheddar, mozzarella, ricotta, parmasean, asiago, and gruyere. And I think I’m going to make beer cheese soup for dinner while I’m at it!
2. Have you ever smoked? Nope. My dad did growing up, and I have always hated the smell. Plus, I’m a cheapskate.
3. Do you own a gun? Absolutely not. Never, ever.
4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? Yes, but only between the Saturday after Thanksgiving and December 30. Any other time, I can’t stand Christmas music. You may have picked up on the fact that I have a lot of rules.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No. I’m not big into being nervous in general. I never saw the point — and yes, I’ve been told that I’m a little too pragmatic for my own good.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Well, they’re food, right? And full of nitrates. But not horrible, especially at a baseball game. I rarely eat them though, and if I have a choice I’d rather have a beer boiled brat. The Chicago-style dogs are worth it though!
7. Favorite Christmas song for all time? I was just thinking about this yesterday. It’s really hard to decide as I chage my mind each time I hear one of the ones that’s in the running. Carol of the Bells might be the winner though.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water, but that’s my answer pretty much any time of day.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes, but not as many as I really want to. I started Angela’s push up challenge this summer and got almost to the end and was doing over 100 pushups total, but ummm life happened.
10. Who is your favorite “Grey’s Anatomy” Character? Oooo, that’s a tough one. I like Christina, but I have issues with all of them at times. Maybe Erica Haun?
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I’m so not into jewelry. My NU necklace, I guess? Or my wedding and engagement rings?
12. Favorite hobby? Yoga or cooking. I think. Horseback riding if I could find the time again. I really miss riding. I did hunt seat from the time I was eight until I was pregnant with Little Miss.
13. Do you eat “exotic” foods? Not only do I eat them, but I love them. Ethiopian is one of my favorite foods. And I could eat sushi morning, noon and night. Then again, exotic is all in the mind of the beholder. My in-laws think that Italian is ethnic food.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? That might explain a few things, but I’ll go with no.
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? Ummm I procrastinate sometimes. I know I can get things done… and so I hold off doing them. It’s not always ideal, as you can imagine.
16. Middle Name? I’ve got several, which one do you want? There’s the one my parents gave me, the one from confirmation, the one I got when I got married… but shhhh I’m not telling!
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? Uhhh. Do I have time to get a manicure today. Where’s my recipe for beer cheese soup. I wish these things stayed bold when you copied them.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Would you believe that I bought not a thing? Nothing. I dropped Mister Man at preschool and worked the rest of the day until 7:30. Oooo, technically I suppose I bought windows, as I had to give up another monstrously large check.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Regularly I’ll assume means more than once a month or week, right? Given that, I’ll go with water, water and ummm water.
20. Current worry right now? Will that last Christmas present arrive? And how will I do Christmas Eve with the family when I’m also supposed to sing at church at 3, 5 and 10?
21. Current hate? My boss. And the economy. Am I allowed to hate something so intangible?
23. How do you bring in the New Year? Dinner out at Wildfire with friends, so we can order the supper club. But I’m usually back in bed before midnight… so I can be sure to wake up in time to enjoy football all day long on the First!
24. Where would you like to go? Australia. Fiji. South America. Thailand (yes, even after all the stuff happened there and in India recently). Ireland. Scotland. Somewhere, anywhere warm.
25. Name 3 people who will complete this? Ooo, that’s a tough one. MaBunny? Angie? Cookie? Anyone? Don’t make me feel like an unloved loser by no one doing this! 😉
27. What shirt are you wearing? Blue long-sleeved tee-shirt. I refuse to admit to whether or not it’s a pj shirt.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Like Veggie Mom, I’ve never had the pleasure!
29. Can you whistle? I certainly can, but only like a girl. I sometimes wish I could do the good boy sports whistle; it should be mandatory that all moms be able to do this. Unfortunately, I never figured that one out.
30. Favorite color? Purple. Royal purple, in fact. Did you notice that I had absolutely not hesitation on that one!
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t. I listen to WBBM. They have no music.
33. Favorite girl’s name? Ella. Or Isobel. Or Marguerite. Or Gwendolyn. Three guesses why Little Miss isn’t named any of them, and the first two don’t count. I so should have exerted post-birth authority to name. Stupid C-section drugs that knocked me for a loop.
34. Favorite boy’s name? James. Alexander. Spencer. And yet, Mister Man isn’t named any of those either. Hmmm…. Ok, so I also love love love Mister Man’s first and middle names. And had Little Miss been a boy, she was going to be James Spencer (Jaime).
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Nada. I have no pockets at the moment.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Watching Mister Man and Little Miss run around. They’re quite the ummm unique little children.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? I have very few memories from childhood. That’s sort of sad, isn’t it? I couldn’t tell you for the life of me what I had on my bed!
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I broke my leg at the age of two falling down the stairs while trying to get the newspaper for my parents. They had a baby gate up for my sister and I’d had a bloody nose the night before and was in a too-big hand me down nightgown. Five terra cotta flower pots were also involved.
39. Do you love where you live? Yep. I’ve got the greatest neighbors and friends around! Plus, I have sidewalks. That’s huge for me.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Hmm. Seven, I’m embarrassed to admit. However, three of them are in our game room, and only two are hooked up. And really we only ever watch two of them.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Other than my husband? Definitely Jeanette.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I’m sure someone must. I’m absolutely irresistible, right?
44. Do you get embarrassed easily? I’m a mom. Mom’s lost the ability to be embarrassed, didn’t they?
45. What is your favorite book? I think I’d have to go with Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. But also possibly the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Or the historical fiction series by Sharon Kay Penman. I’m not too decisive when it comes to favorites, am I? I’m just too easy to please!
46. What is your favorite candy? Umm. I’m not really into candy. Don’t hate me. If I never ate it again in my life, I’d be totally cool with it. If I had to choose something though, I guess I’d go for those little French fruit candies that come in the white circle tin.
47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? Sadly, I never watched that. Or maybe not so sadly.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Something happy. And Irish. And I want bagpipes there. I seriously looooove bagpipes.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? I was sound asleep!
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I tried to figure out why on earth my husband set the alarm for his regular wakeup time when it was a snow day and we didn’t have to wake up. And I tried to remember whether or not I told him explicitly before I went to bed that I’d kill him if he didn’t turn the alarm off.
More than you ever needed to know, wasn’t it?