Soooo. I’m a bad person. For a couple reasons. Actually probably for lots of reasos, but we’ll only get into two of them today.
Remember the Pay It Forward thing that Swistle started back in June? Yeah, me, too. Shelly won my prize for the contest I had in early August. She was moving to a new place and mail delivery was a bit sketchy at the place she was living in before moving, so we decided I’d hold onto it until she moved August 21. It would be like a housewarming present for her!
I mailed it yesterday. That’s 33 days after I was supposed to, for those of me who are counting. And I did it only because she oh so politely asked if it had gotten lost in the mail. No, it got lost on the kid table and just sort of faded into the background. I saw it but didn’t see it anymore. But it’s finally in the mail (sorry, Shelly!).
And about a week ago, I received a prize that I had won from Joanne at Bebellyboo. I did take the appropriate photos but I forgot to upload them. Until she emailed me asking if I’d received my prize. Umm, yeah. Can I blame it on an unusually bad work month and back to school and in general being a moron? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
Anyway, I did receive this beautiful package (see my lovely offwhite suede couch in the background? Ha! What was I thinking?)
She was so sweet. She even wrote me a little note. And do you see how nicely she packed it? Bubble wrap! That’s Little Miss’ favorite toy. All afternoon, I heard pop pop pop pop pop as she walked around with it.
Inside was a lovely treat for me. See all the super yummy smelling lotions and bath gels? I haven’t used them yet because I have to do my appropriate thank you prior to partaking. Kind of like how I don’t let the wee ones play with birthday presents until the thank you note is written. Guess what I’m doing after choir practice tonight (oh yeah, did I mention that I joined the church choir last week?).
And there are cool activities for the wee ones, too. I’ve never done origami before, but I’ve always been fascinated by it. I love that there are rules and order to it — big shock — but that it’s also so creative! We’re way into animals around here, so I’ll be breaking this out tomorrow after work. Here’s hoping I succeed at it!
So do you all remember what this means? It’s another contest where you have the chance to win. The final prize has yet to be determined, but I think I’ve done pretty good here and here. I can almost guarantee the prize will involve books that are preread as I’m trying to get more bookshelf space for the wee ones but we have no more room to put bookshelves in the house. Only one solution, right? And I have a really cool Dora cup that I’ll toss in. Beyond that, I have to do some thinking, but I promise it will be a good one.
So what do you have to do to win this fabulous array of prizes?
1) Comment below by next Tuesday September 30 at 12pm CST.
2) In your comment, give me your best suggestions for how to enjoy Disney in a day or what reservations I should try to get for umm less than a month from now. Or just perk me up and tell me that I didn’t totallly (there it is again!) screw myself over by not making reservations before now.
3) One entry per person. If there are multiple comments from the same person, I’ll only count the first one. If I comment on your comments, that doesn’t count, and I skip over that entry.
4) I will use random.org to choose a number. Whoever has that comment gets the prize. I’ll send an email and post the winner. If I don’t hear back from the winner by Thursday, I will select a new winner.
5) If you win, you are obligated to hold a PIF contest yourself. Thus, the pay it forward portion! Because this involves holding a contest after winning, to win you must have a blog. And be in the US. Shipping gets expensive even here.
Good luck! Oh, and remind me to tell you about the Sandwich Bandit. I’m a bit creeped out.